The Board of Directors of the Santa Clara Valley Water District has adopted the following Board Governance Policies. These policies describe the following:
- Governance Process - how the Board conducts its business
- Board-BAO Linkage - Board's delegation to the Board Appointed Officers (BAOs: Chief Executive Officer, District Counsel, Clerk of the Board and District Auditor).
- Ends - what the Board has directed the BAOs to accomplish
- Executive Limitations - boundaries set by the Board stating what the BAOs cannot do to accomplish the Board's Ends
- BAO/CEO Interpretations - the CEO's reasonable interpretation regarding accomplishing the Board's Ends without exceeding set boundaries
To download a copy of the Board Governance Policies, click on the subject title from the list at the right side of the page.