Receive up to $150 for a new meter installed on a qualifying well
The Santa Clara Valley Water District will provide a rebate of up to $150 for the NEW installation of a NEW, accepted water meter on a qualifying well. (Information about acceptable meters can be found on the Private Well Meter Rebate Program Application.)
Why install water meters on wells?
Metering helps well owners:
- Better monitor their water use.
- More accurately report on water usage.
- Detect leaks and other well maintenance issues.
- Capture water savings due to conservation measures.
How to apply:
To qualify, the well must be located within one of the district’s active groundwater charge zones (Zones W-2 or W-5) and the account associated with the well must be in good standing (no outstanding delinquent payments due).
- Applicant must contact the Santa Clara Valley Water District for pre-approval, before the start of the project: (408) 630-3400.
- Select and install qualifying equipment.
- Submit a completed Private Well Meter Rebate Program Application with the required documentation (see application for more information).
- The Santa Clara Valley Water District will issue a check within approximately 12 weeks after all applicant requirements have been met.
- Rebates are available until June 30, 2017, or until funding is depleted, whichever comes first.
QUESTIONS? Call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or email us at Conservation@valleywater.org.