CUSTOM OR MEASURED REBATE - for equipment changes that result in water savings.
The District offers rebates of up to $50,000 per water conservation project to commercial, industrial, and institutional water customers for the implementation of process and equipment changes which reduce business water usage.
Who can qualify?
Any industrial, institutional or commercial customer in Santa Clara County is eligible.
How to apply?
Just follow these simple steps:
- Identify a project
- Eligible projects must directly reduce water use by at least 74,800 gallons per year.
- Project must be able to be directly submetered thirty days before and after retrofit to document water savings.
- Equipment and projects must have a minimum life expectancy of five years.
- Equipment must be purchased, or leased with a minimum of five years.
- Maintenance projects do not qualify
- Projects must meet all applicable federal, state and local codes and regulations
- Sample projects include:
- Reclamation and reuse of rinse water
- Ozone laundry retrofits
- Water-saving ice machines
- Air-cooled chillers
Download the application, print it, fill it out and send to:
Commercial Rebate Program
Water Conservation Unit
5750 Almaden Expressway
Santa Clara Valley Water District
San Jose, California 95118
How to calculate potential savings
Rebates are calculated on the following:
- Rebates are based on water savings.
- The maximum rebate is $50,000 per project
- The minimum rebate is $400 per project.
- The rebate amount is $4 for each CCF (Hundred Cubic Feet or 748 gallons) of water saved per year, directly resulting from projects using purchased equipment, or 50% of the cost of the project, whichever is lower.
Projects will vary from company to company. Our sample calculation for rebates is based on the scenario below:
Company X's existing equipment operates 8 hours per day, 250 days per year, and consumes 55 gallons per minute (gpm). Company X proposes to replace this piece of equipment with a similar one that operates on the same schedule, but consumes only 30 gpm. The estimated project cost is $80,000.
Applying the Formula:
A = water usage rate of old equipment = 55 gpm
B = water usage rate of new equipment = 30 gpm
C = average time equipment runs per day = 8hrs x 60 min/hr = 480 min
D = number of days per year equipment runs = 250 days
E = number of gallons per ccf = 748
Annual ccf decrease = (A-B) x (C) x (D)
= (55-30) x 480 x 250
= 4,011 CCF
Rebate = $4 per ccf/yr
$4 x 4011 = $16,044 = total project rebate for Company X
Note: Rebates are available until until funding is depleted.
For more information please call (408) 630-2707.