Water Conservation Rebates Temporarily Increased
Get up to $800 for replacing your old laundromat or common-area laundry room washing machines!
The Santa Clara Valley Water District is offering rebates of up to $800 per unit on approved purchased and leased high-efficiency washing machines for common-area laundry rooms and laundromats. Rebates are available until June 30, 2015, or until funds run out, whichever comes first.
High-efficiency washing machines can help save you money on your water and energy bills. On average, you can save hundreds of dollars annually for each machine replaced; in water, electricity and sewer costs. What's more, you may be eligible for a tax credit, and energy savings rebates from your utility company.
To find out more, call (408) 630-2707
Brought to you and funded by:
- Santa Clara Valley Water District
- City of Santa Clara
- City of Palo Alto
How to receive your rebate
How to receive your rebate [PDF]
- Read, complete and submit:
- A signed Commercial Rebate Program Application.
- Note: You must submit a separate application for each service address at which you are installing qualifying commercial clothes washers
- Attach the following to your completed application:
- Receipts/Invoices for the purchase of qualifying washers;
- If you’re leasing your machines, a copy of your Lease Agreement;
- A recent copy of your energy and water bills for the property where the washers will be installed;
- A W-9 form (download here). The district requires a taxpayer ID number for all rebates.
- Select and install the qualifying washer(s) from list list only: Download a Qualifying Commercial Washer List here.
- A check will be issued within approximately 12 weeks after all applicant requirements have been met.
- Once an application is received, qualifying washers must be installed within 90-days.
- The location of the installation must be in Santa Clara County.
- Applicants must complete a W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. The Santa Clara Valley Water District provides this form.
- The equipment must be correctly installed. Only washers from the Qualifying Commercial Washer List (see above) will qualify for this rebate.
- The Santa Clara Valley Water District will not reimburse costs associated with regular maintenance.
- The Santa Clara Valley Water District must receive the purchase invoice within 90 days of the completed installation.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that rebated washers aren’t replaced with non-efficient equipment for at least five years after the rebate.
- Property Owners ARE NOT bound to their current Route Operator or Distributor by this requirement.
- The same number high-efficiency washers must be kept at the location and be used in the same capacity for at least five years after the rebate.
- If the property is sold within five years of the rebate payment, the applicant should include a transfer of contractual responsibility under this program to the new owner.
Questions? Call (408) 630-2707