Water Conservation Rebates Increased
As of April 22, certain rebate amounts for several key programs have doubled, while others have increased significantly. These increases are temporary, through October 31, 2014, and certain restrictions apply.
Get up to $800 for replacing your old laundromat or common-area laundry room washing machines!
The Santa Clara Valley Water District is offering rebates of up to $800 per unit on approved purchased and leased high-efficiency washing machines for common-area laundry rooms and laundromats. Rebates are available until September 30, 2014, or until funds run out, whichever comes first.
High-efficiency washing machines can help save you money on your water and energy bills. On average, you can save hundreds of dollars annually for each machine replaced; in water, electricity and sewer costs. What's more, you may be eligible for a tax credit, and energy savings rebates from your utility company.
To find out more, call (408) 630-2707.
Brought to you and funded by:
- Santa Clara Valley Water District
- City of Santa Clara
- City of Palo Alto
How to receive your rebate
How to receive your rebate [PDF]
- Read, complete and submit:
- A signed Commercial Rebate Program Application.
- Note: You must submit a separate application for each service address at which you are installing qualifying commercial clothes washers
- Attach the following to your completed application:
- Receipts/Invoices for the purchase of qualifying washers;
- If you’re leasing your machines, a copy of your Lease Agreement;
- A recent copy of your energy and water bills for the property where the washers will be installed;
- A W-9 form (download here). The district requires a taxpayer ID number for all rebates.
- Select and install the qualifying washer(s) from list list only: Download a Qualifying Commercial Washer List here.
- A check will be issued within approximately 12 weeks after all applicant requirements have been met.
- Once an application is received, qualifying washers must be installed within 90-days.
- The location of the installation must be in Santa Clara County.
- Applicants must complete a W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. The Santa Clara Valley Water District provides this form.
- The equipment must be correctly installed. Only washers from the Qualifying Commercial Washer List (see above) will qualify for this rebate.
- The Santa Clara Valley Water District will not reimburse costs associated with regular maintenance.
- The Santa Clara Valley Water District must receive the purchase invoice within 90 days of the completed installation.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that rebated washers aren’t replaced with non-efficient equipment for at least five years after the rebate.
- Property Owners ARE NOT bound to their current Route Operator or Distributor by this requirement.
- The same number high-efficiency washers must be kept at the location and be used in the same capacity for at least five years after the rebate.
- If the property is sold within five years of the rebate payment, the applicant should include a transfer of contractual responsibility under this program to the new owner.
Call (408) 630-2707.