To be eligible for the $200 or $400 rebate through the Graywater Laundry to Landscape (L2L) Rebate Program, this online application must be submitted and approved before starting your graywater project. The application includes basic questions about yourself and water company, and fewer than 25 easy questions that will help Valley Water estimate your graywater production, provide general project feedback, and determine whether this type of graywater system is appropriate and feasible for your property.
Please be aware, you cannot save or return to your application. A time-out error may occur if you step away from the application. If you think this application may take more than 30 minutes, we recommend first submitting the application without the required attachments, then emailing these documents to [email protected] as a separate step.
Expect the entire application to take about 30 minutes, if you take these steps before starting your application:
- Review the rebate requirements before beginning.
- Get a recent copy or screenshot of your water bill including account number.
- Find 3 to 5 photos total that show your clothes washer, exterior wall, and landscape area to be irrigated with graywater. After hitting "submit", email photos to [email protected]. No ZIP files please. Use "Graywater Rebate Application" in the subject, and include your name and address in the email to help us find your application.
- Prepare a simple sketch, showing the types of plants to be irrigated with graywater, and where you plan to install the graywater-irrigation piping and graywater outlets relative to your home, clothes washer, landscaping, and property line.
- Complete the Terms and Conditions (DocuSign e-signature). If DocuSign is not working, instead please email your signed copy to [email protected] The Terms and Conditions must be completed separately from this form. If you leave this page before hitting “Submit”, your data may be lost.
If you need assistance, please call 408-630-2554 or email [email protected], or download or request a paper application.
Use this guide to find your soil texture
and to learn what each texture means (USDA). Most locations in Santa Clara County will be a type of clay soil. If you don’t know your soil type after trying to follow the guide, please feel free to ask for assistance by calling (408) 630-2554.