To be eligible for the $200 or $400 rebate through the Graywater Laundry to Landscape (L2L) Rebate Program, this online application must be submitted and approved before starting your graywater project. Please be aware, you cannot save or return to your application.
Expect the application to take about 30 minutes, if you take these steps before starting your application:
- Review the rebate requirements before beginning.
- Get a recent copy or screenshot of your water bill including account number
- Find 3 to 5 photos total that show your clothes washer, exterior wall, and landscape area to be irrigated with graywater
- Prepare a simple sketch, showing the types of plants to be irrigated with graywater, and where you plan to install the graywater-irrigation piping and distribution points relative to your home, clothes washer, landscaping, and property line.
- Download the Terms and Conditions to sign and upload at the end of the application.
The application includes basic questions about yourself and water company, and fewer than 25 easy questions that will help Valley Water estimate your graywater production, provide general project feedback, and determine whether this type of graywater system is appropriate and feasible for your property.
If you need assistance, please call (408) 630-2554 or email [email protected], or download or request a paper application.
Use this guide to find your soil texture
and to learn what each texture means (USDA). Most locations in Santa Clara County will be a type of clay soil. If you don’t know your soil type after trying to follow the guide, please feel free to ask for assistance by calling (408) 630-2554.
Terms and Conditions of the Graywater L2L Rebate Program. Download, review, sign, and upload to complete your application.