Back to top

Step 2. Purchase submeters

After receiving the Notice to Proceed:

  1. Select submeters that comply with the Uniform Plumbing Code. This list of water submeters are approved by the State of California. To determine whether an unlisted submeter you selected can be certified, please contact the Santa Clara County Department of Weights & Measures.
  2. Certify the selected submeters with the Santa Clara County Department of Weights & Measures.
  3. Check with your local city office or municipality to determine whether your project needs a permit, and obtain one if necessary. Mobile homes need to apply for permits with the California Department of Housing & Community Development