The Purchasing Services Unit facilitates the procurement of Goods and General Services in support of all Santa Clara Valley Water District operational and administrative departments.
Purchasing also processes Public Works and Consultant Contracts up to $25,000. Purchasing administers a fair and open sourcing process for suppliers who wish to do business with the district, and as a public agency, the district’s purchasing practices are regulated by local, state and federal laws.
The Purchasing Services Unit procures approximately $30 million in goods and services annually.
- Lab Supplies and Equipment
- Treatment Plant Chemicals
- Vehicles, Heavy Equipment, Class IV
- IT Hardware & Software
- Valves, Meters, Motors, & Pumps
- Public Outreach (ex: Media Buys/Advertisements)
- Labor (ex: Vegetation Management, Sandbags)
- Facility Maintenance & Repair
- On-site Support Services (ex: Janitorial, Security, Mail Courier)
- Watershed Field Operations (ex: Heavy Equipment Rental and Operation)
Public Works ≤ $25,000 Consultant Services ≤ $25,000
|Guide to Doing Business with the District (Updated).pdf||182.07 KB|
|Gift Policy Compliance Notice||660.03 KB|