As part of our public safety response to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Santa Clara Valley Water District (Valley Water) is asking staff to telework. Valley Water’s priority is to maintain the health and safety of our workforce and community.
Immediately in effect for Water Conservation Programs, we are still able to serve you remotely for working on your rebate projects, to request water-saving equipment, or to inquire how you can save water in your home, business, or property by emailing [email protected] or leaving a message at (408) 630-2554.
If you reach our voicemail, please leave a detailed message including your name, phone number, address and any additional information, such as your rebate number, that can best help us assist you. We encourage electronic submittals of rebate applications, survey requests, or reporting water waste.
Please allow extra time for processing your requests. Additional water-saving resources can be found at www.SouthBayGreenGardens.org or through our Water Saving Video series. Thank you for your patience and for remembering that we are all in this together.
Receive up to $150 for a new meter installed on a qualifying well
Valley Water will provide a rebate of up to $150 for the installation of a NEW, approved water meter on a qualifying well. (Information about acceptable meters can be found on the Private Well Meter Rebate Program Application.)
Why install water meters on wells?
Metering helps well owners:
- Better monitor their water use.
- More accurately report on water usage.
- Detect leaks and other well maintenance issues.
- Capture water savings due to conservation measures.
How to apply:
To qualify, the well must be located within one of the district’s active groundwater charge zones (Zones W-2 or W-5) and the account associated with the well must be in good standing (no outstanding delinquent payments due).
- Applicant must contact the Santa Clara Valley Water District for pre-approval, before the start of the project: (408) 630-3400.
- Select and install qualifying equipment.
- Submit a completed Private Well Meter Rebate Program Application with the required documentation (see application for more information).
- The Santa Clara Valley Water District will issue a check within approximately 12 weeks after all applicant requirements have been met.
- Rebates are available until June 30, 2021 or until funding is depleted, whichever comes first.
QUESTIONS? Call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or email us at [email protected].