In November 2012, Santa Clara County voters overwhelmingly supported the Safe, Clean Water and Natural Flood Protection Program. Developed with input from residents and stakeholders, the15-year program was created by Valley Water to match the community’s needs and values. As part of Priority A (Ensure a safe, reliable water supply), Valley Water is offering rebates for nitrate treatment systems to improve water quality for private well users.
Many private wells in the Santa Clara Valley have high nitrate from sources like fertilizers and septic systems. Elevated nitrate in drinking water is a concern because it can interfere with the blood’s ability to transport oxygen and cause health problems, especially for infants and pregnant women.
- Only nitrate treatment systems certified to reduce nitrate by the State Division of Drinking Water (DDW) and installed in Santa Clara County qualify for a rebate. For approved treatment systems, please see https://delivr.com/2jyay or contact us at (408) 630-2300.
- Only households supplied with drinking water that exceeds the nitrate levels specified in the next bulleted item and that comes entirely from a registered private well are eligible for a rebate.
- A certified laboratory result dated within the last five years must confirm the presence of nitrate above 45 milligrams per liter (mg/L) as nitrate (NO3) or 10 mg/L as nitrogen (N) at the address where the nitrate treatment system is installed. Customers who are interested in having their well water tested are encouraged to contact a local certified laboratory.
- There is a limit of one nitrate treatment system rebate per single family household (individual dwelling unit). Please complete a separate rebate application for each dwelling unit.
- Installation of the nitrate treatment system and submission of the rebate program application to Valley Water must be completed within 90 days of the purchase of the nitrate treatment system.
- Only private wells that are not part of a public water system as defined by the DDW are eligible for a rebate.
- The original sales receipt must accompany the rebate program application. A copy of the online receipt must be submitted to Valley Water if the nitrate treatment system was purchased online.
Mail your completed rebate program application, purchase receipt, and certified lab result to:
Valley Water Nitrate Rebate Program
5750 Almaden Expressway
San Jose, CA 95118
- Incomplete applications and those without the required supporting information will not be processed. A post-installation inspection by Valley Water may be required.
- The rebate amount is limited to $500 or 100 percent of the nitrate treatment system combined purchase and installation price, whichever is lower.
- Sales tax is not covered by this rebate.
- Rebate funding is limited and only available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Rebate offerings and amounts may change without notice. The terms and conditions of the Nitrate Treatment System Rebate Program may be changed without notice.
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the rebate to be processed.
|Nitrate Rebate Program Fact Sheet.pdf||1.4 MB|
|Nitrate in Groundwater FAQ.pdf||1.26 MB|
|Nitrate Treatment System Rebate Application Form.pdf||98.44 KB|
For more information, contact the Groundwater Hotline at (408) 630-2300 or use our Access Valley Water customer request and information system (See "Nitrate treatment rebate" under the Wells topic). With three easy steps, you can use this service to find out the latest information on the project or to submit questions, complaints or compliments directly to a district staff person.