Programs and Services
- Demonstration Gardens offer great ideas for your water-wise garden. Water-efficient demonstration gardens are wonderful sources of inspiration and practical information. All are open to the public at no cost.
- For a comprehensive guide to the Sheet Mulching process, click here.
- Receive advice and resources on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices from Santa Clara County's UC Master Gardeners.
- Promote native plant species biodiversity within your landscape, and learn about the natural ecosystems of Santa Clara Valley: California Native Plant Society
- This City of San Jose Sustainable Landscaping Guide will help you make your garden more sustainable.
- Thinking of artificial turf? Although artificial turf is appropriate for some properties and uses less water than natural turf, the district’s artificial turf information sheet may help encourage you to choose low water-using landscapes that can effectively promote biodiversity and help fight climate change instead.
- Landscape Professionals List
For a list of landscape design, construction, and/or maintenance companies that have worked with three or more Landscape Rebate Program participants, click here. This list is intended to help participants find landscape professionals that have had experience with the Landscape Rebate Program but is not intended to be an endorsement of any one company. If you wish to be added to, or removed, from this list, or have general questions, please contact Ashley Carter at (408) 630-2951 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Qualified Water Efficiency Landscapers (QWEL) List
QWEL is a certification program developed to educate landscape professionals and their customers on the benefits of sound landscape design, management and irrigation practices. For more info about QWEL, click here. Trained in water-wise landscape practices including plant selection, irrigation system design and water management, a QWEL graduate will help meet your landscape needs while keeping your outdoor water use in check. Find a Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper in your area.
- Landscaper Leaderboard
Click here for an objective list of local landscape contractors in regards to their water management skills. Independently developed by Waterfluence as part of the district’s Landscape Survey Program, the landscape companies on the list are ranked according to how closely actual water use tracks to a site-specific landscape budget.
Updated monthly, the sites are scored over the last 12 months relative to all other sites in the program. If you have questions about this list, please contact Waterfluence. If you would like to schedule a free landscape survey for a qualifying site to potentially improve your score, please contact Justin Burks at (408) 630-2684 or by clicking here.
- Visit the California Landscape Contractors Association’s Certification Program to learn about certified landscape contractors or click here to view a list of CLCA certified landscape contractors.
- To hire a gardener to maintain your garden using sustainable landscape maintenance practices, contact the Santa Clara Valley Green Gardener Program.
QUESTIONS? Call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or email us at Conservation@valleywater.org.