Landscape Rebate Program
This program is designed to encourage residents and businesses to convert approved high water use landscape, such as lawns and pools, to low water use landscape as well as to retrofit existing irrigation equipment with approved high efficiency irrigation equipment.
The Landscape Rebate Program includes:
- Landscape Conversion Rebate
- In-Line Drip Irrigation Conversion Rebate
- Irrigation Equipment Upgrade Rebates (including Weather Based Irrigation Controllers)
Important note: Sites wishing to participate in the rebate program must complete a pre-inspection and submit an online application for approval before beginning any work on their project.
Sites that have been denied participation in the Landscape Rebate Program for not meeting the initial program eligibility requirements will not be allowed to re-apply for the rebate within three (3) years of the initial pre-inspection or denial date, whichever is the latter.
All applications issued a Notice to Proceed will be held to a total rebate cap (for both the Landscape Conversion Rebate and the Irrigation Equipment Upgrade Rebate combined) of $2,000 for Single-Family and Multi-family (4 or fewer units) and a $20,000 for all Commercial sites and Multi-Family (5 or more units). Landscape Conversion Rebates within cost sharing agencies are eligible for additional funds up to $1,000 for Single-Family and Multi-Family (4 or fewer units) and $10,000 for all Commercial sites and Multi-Family (5 or more units), for a total cap of $3,000 and $30,000 respectively.
Steps for Participation
1. Customers should create a user account online and provide information about existing site conditions, including photos, estimated square footages, and/or existing equipment information. Customers who do not have the ability to submit an online application should call (408) 630-2554 for assistance.
2. Customers will be contacted directly by the District to schedule an onsite pre-inspection as needed after submitting existing site conditions.
3. After pre-inspection approval, customers will submit their proposed project details online, including a full plant list and a description of their project for the Landscape Conversion Rebate and/or the quantity and make/model of their proposed irrigation equipment upgrades.
4. Once the application is approved, customers will be issued an official Notice to Proceed and will have 90 days to complete their project. Do not begin removal of your lawn/pool or the purchase of materials for your project until you have received a written Notice to Proceed from the District.
5. Upon project completion, customers will request a final post inspection and provide any documentation requested, such as photos or receipts. Rebate checks will be issued 4-6 weeks after the post inspection date if approved.
For more information or to get started, click here or call our Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554.