What is Water 101 Academy?
Water 101 Academy is a 5-session program that is open to residents of Santa Clara County who want to gain an understanding of local water issues and learn about current and future water projects going on in their local communities. Through this program, Valley Water aims to build and sustain a diverse network of leaders and advocates who are willing to serve as community water ambassadors on local water issues and refer others to future academy sessions.
- Participants must be a resident of Santa Clara County.
- Participants must plan to attend all five (5) sessions.
- Session 1: Thursday, April 6, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (virtual)
- Session 2: Thursday, April 20, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (virtual)
- Session 3: Thursday, May 4, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (virtual)
- Session 4: Thursday, May 18, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (virtual)
- Session 5: Saturday, June 3, 8:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. (in-person at Valley Water headquarters)
- Graduation: Thursday, June 15, evening (in-person at Valley Water headquarters)
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Participants must complete 80% of the program to receive the certificate of completion.
- Participants must remain active Water Ambassadors for at least two (2) years after graduation.
- Participate in one (1) or more water/environmental stewardship initiatives per year.
- Complete the annual program survey.
Application evaluations and candidate selection are underway.
The Board of Directors is currently reviewing all eligible applications for their respective district and will select applicants based on their evaluations. Each Board member will select three candidates from their district. Staff members have started notifying selected applicants via email so please be sure to check your inbox for important information and instructions.
If you are interested in learning more about the Water 101 Academy or have questions, contact [email protected].