What is Water 101 Academy?
Water 101 Academy is a 5-session program that is open to residents of Santa Clara County who want to gain an understanding of local water issues and learn about current and future water projects going on in their local communities. Through this program, Valley Water aims to build and sustain a diverse network of leaders and advocates who are willing to serve as community water ambassadors on local water issues and refer others to future academy sessions.
Evaluations and Selection Now Complete
The Board of Directors has completed its evaluation and selection of Water 101 Academy participants, and the first session begins on Thursday, April 6. Applications for the 2024 academy will open in the fall.
- Participants must be a resident of Santa Clara County.
- Participants must plan to attend all five (5) sessions.
- Session 1: Thursday, April 6, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (virtual)
- Session 2: Thursday, April 20, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (virtual)
- Session 3: Thursday, May 4, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (virtual)
- Session 4: Thursday, May 18, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (virtual)
- Session 5: Saturday, June 3, 8:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. (in-person at Valley Water headquarters)
- Graduation: Thursday, June 8, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (virtual)
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Participants must complete 80% of the program to receive the certificate of completion.
- Participants must remain active Water Ambassadors for at least two (2) years after graduation.
- Participate in one (1) or more water/environmental stewardship initiatives per year.
- Complete the annual program survey.