What is Water 101 Academy?
Water 101 Academy is a 5-session program that is open to residents of Santa Clara County who want to gain an understanding of local water issues and learn about current and future water projects going on in their local communities. Through this program, Valley Water aims to build and sustain a diverse network of leaders and advocates who are willing to serve as community water ambassadors on local water issues and refer others to future academy sessions.
Now accepting applications!
- Participants must be residents of Santa Clara County.
- Participants must plan to attend all five (5) sessions.
- Session 1: Thursday, April 4, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (tentatively virtual)
- Session 2: Thursday, April 18, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (tentatively virtual)
- Session 3: Thursday, May 2, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (tentatively virtual)
- Session 4: Thursday, May 16, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (tentatively virtual)
- Session 5: Saturday, June 1, time TBD (in-person)
- Graduation: TBD (tentatively virtual)
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Participants must complete 80% of the program to receive the certificate of completion.
- Participants must remain active Water Ambassadors for at least two (2) years after graduation.
- Participate in one (1) or more water/environmental stewardship initiatives per year.
- Complete the annual program survey.
Deadline to apply is Friday, January 26, 2024, 5 p.m.