RELIABLE SAFE, CLEAN DRINKING WATER FOR A HEALTHY LIFE, ENVIRONMENT, AND ECONOMY
Water Infrastructure Tour – Coming soon! Check back for information on upcoming virtual infrastructure tours.
To help the public better understand how we provide and ensure safe, clean drinking water now and in the future, we offer free tours of Valley Water facilities and infrastructure.
Please see below to learn about the different tours we offer.
WATER INFRASTRUCTURE TOUR
HOW DOES SANTA CLARA COUNTY GET SAFE, CLEAN DRINKING WATER?
Valley Water offers free 90-minute virtual tours of infrastructure facilities in place of our bus tour. Virtual tour participants will learn about how our water infrastructure works together to provide safe, clean drinking water to residents of Santa Clara County.
There are currently no scheduled infrastructure tours at this time. Water Infrastructure Tour Registration Portal.
If you have questions, please email us at [email protected].
Click below to see the Water Infrastructure Bus Tour Overview and a video inviting you to "Hop on with Valley Water." ***
Water Infrastructure Virtual Tour Overview
As part of this virtual water infrastructure tour:
Attendees will learn about where Valley Water gets its water from and how we store it in groundwater basins and reservoirs like Anderson Reservoir.
- Attendees will learn about where Valley Water gets its water from and how we store it in groundwater basins and reservoirs like Anderson Reservoir.
- Attendees will also learn how Valley Water addresses aging infrastructure through projects like the Anderson Dam Seismic Retrofit Project.
- Next, attendees will hear details on the importance of our Water Treatment facilities and how Valley Water treats raw water and turns it into safe, clean drinking water.
- Attendees will also have the opportunity to virtually experience the Silicon Valley Advanced Water Purification Center to discover how we renew and refresh water through advanced water purification to create a drought-resilient and sustainable water supply.
- Finally, attendees will also learn about: Safe, Clean Water and Natural Flood Protection program. This program helps Valley Water fund critical projects and enables Valley Water to partner with the community through grants to ensure safe, clean drinking water to Santa Clara County Residents – this link
Hop on with Valley Water - Video
THE SILICON VALLEY ADVANCED WATER PURIFICATION CENTER
The Silicon Valley Advanced Water Purification Center offers free tours to the public to learn about the advanced treatment processes and the role of recycled and purified water as a future sustainable water supply.
The award-winning facility uses advanced technologies to purify secondary treated waste water and provides clean high-quality water through processes like microfiltration, reverse osmosis and ultraviolet light. The result is 8 million gallons a day of highly purified water that is expected to match California drinking water quality standards.
We are working hard to raise awareness about purified water and encourage residents to tour the Silicon Valley Advanced Water Purification Center to see first-hand how purified water is produced. As a result of these efforts, the facility and program is receiving broad support.
To join the hundreds of Expansion of Purified Water supporters, you can digitally sign a supporter card here.
The Silicon Valley Advanced Water Purification Center recently celebrated five years of operation in 2019. Read more about the center's five year anniversary!
You can sign up for a free tour of the Silicon Valley Advanced Water Purification Center, the largest plant of its kind in Northern California, and a showcase of how water reuse will grow as a drought-resistant, environmentally friendly water supply in the coming years.
To learn more about the advanced water purification process or sign up for a tour, please visit PureWater4U.org
You can also take a virtual self-guided tour of our facility with a virtual tour guide using the following links: