The Board of Directors of the Santa Clara Valley Water District has adopted the following Board Governance Policies. These policies describe the following:
- Governance Process - How the Board conducts its business
- Board-BAO Linkage - Board's delegation to the Board Appointed Officers (BAOs: Chief Executive Officer, District Counsel, and Clerk of the Board).
- Ends - What the Board has directed the BAOs to accomplish
- Executive Limitations - Constraints on the BAOs, set by the Board, establishing the prudence and ethics boundaries within which all executive activity and decisions must take place.
- BAO Interpretations - The BAO's reasonable interpretations regarding accomplishing the Board's Ends without exceeding set boundaries
Download Board Governance Policies (all files are PDF):
- Table of Contents
- Governance Process
- Board-BAO Linkage
- Executive Limitations
- BAO Interpretations
- Policy Revisions