Large Commercial Landscape Surveys are free consultations offered to commercial, industrial, institutional (schools, parks, etc.), and multi-family properties through the Large Landscape Program.
- The survey evaluates the current irrigation system and landscape water management, and offers recommendations for improvements.
- Completing a survey can pre-qualify a property for Valley Water's Landscape Rebate Program.
Residential properties or smaller commercial facilities should request consultations through the Water Wise Outdoor Surveys.
Commercial, industrial and institutional (schools, parks, etc.), and multi-family properties within Santa Clara County with a minimum of ½-acre of irrigated landscape and/or 1,000 CCF of annual irrigation water usage may be eligible.
Upon tentative approval, the property's authorized representative will be required to agree to the program's participation agreement through an online portal maintained by the Valley Water’s contractor, Waterfluence. Waterfluence will perform the survey.
Landscape field surveys are available until funds are depleted.
Scheduling a survey
Surveys are available Monday through Friday. Please review the eligibility information above before submitting your request.
What's included in the survey
Commercial landscape system check
A professional irrigation surveyor will evaluate the water delivery system and point out inefficiencies that can add up to significant water losses.
For example, to help the site manager understand the irrigation system's performance regarding:
- potential irrigation efficiency improvements may be identified,
- irrigation pressure checks or catch can test may be conducted, and
- the site's irrigation controller's schedule may be evaluated to help identify more efficient irrigation scheduling strategies.
Site-specific recommendations and irrigation budget
Surveyors provide recommendations for improving system efficiency. These may include upgrading irrigation hardware, and/or providing the site with a calculated irrigation budget based on climate, irrigation system components, and vegetation.
Visit Waterfluence to determine if irrigation budgets (site-specific water budgets) would be available for your property. It's as simple as scrolling to the "Find Your Site" button, entering the site address, and following up with Waterfluence for next steps to gain access.
Large landscape field survey report
The site’s property manager/owner will receive a large landscape field survey report that evaluates the existing irrigation system and landscape water management.
Report topics may include a summary of maintenance items and irrigation efficiency improvement recommendations. This can help you prioritize where in your landscaping or irrigation should be the focus of your next project to save water, time, and money in maintaining your landscaping.
Qualify for the Landscape Rebate Program
- Prequalify for a landscape rebate when you complete a large commercial landscape survey. You must still apply for the rebate and wait for approval before doing any work or making any purchases.
- Sites can also prequalify for the Landscape Rebate Program without a landscape survey by contacting the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554.
Call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or email [email protected].