2021 Water 101 Academy Graduation Group Photo
Be a water champion!
Water 101 Academy— Spring 2022
The application for the 2021/22 Water 101 Academy is now closed! The Board of Directors will be reviewing the applications of candidates for the academy. If you are interested in learning more about the Water 101 Academy or have questions, please contact [email protected].
Note: Applicants will be notified starting February 1, 2022.
Spring 2022 program schedule
Participants MUST commit to attending all sessions to receive a completion certificate and graduate on to become a water ambassador.
Unless otherwise specified, the program sessions will be held in person on Wednesdays, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., at Valley Water headquarters (5750 Almaden Expressway, San Jose, CA). For your reference, you can find Spring 2021 session materials (agenda, presentations, videos) on the Spring 2021 Session Materials page.
- Session 1: Value of water: water challenges in California and Silicon Valley
Wednesday, March 9
- Session 2: Water finances: Budgets, rates & grants
Wednesday, March 23
- Session 3: Where does your water come from?
Wednesday, April 6
- Session 4: Watershed works in action
Wednesday, April 27
- Session 5: Water is life: securing our future
Wednesday, May 11
Session 6: Putting into action: Becoming a Water Ambassador
Wednesday, May 25
Session 7: Let’s get WET – Water education training in the field
Wednesday, June 8 (if virtual) or Saturday, June 11 (if in-person)
- Session 8: Academy graduation
Wednesday, June 22
- Participants must be a resident of Santa Clara County
- Participants must plan to attend all seven (7) sessions
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
- Participants must complete 80% of the program to receive the certificate of completion
- Participants must remain active Water Ambassadors for at least two (2) years after graduation
- Attend four (4) Water Ambassador team meetings per year
- Participate in one (1) or more water/environmental stewardship initiatives per year
- Complete annual program survey
If you have any questions about the program or application or nomination process, email us at [email protected] or call us at 408-781-6972.