2019 Water 101 Ambassadors Group Photo - Guadalupe River
Be a water champion!
Water 101 Academy— Spring 2021
The application for the 2020/21 Water 101 Academy is now closed! The Board of Directors has selected the 2021 cohort for the academy. If you are interested in learning more about the Water 101 Academy or have questions, please contact [email protected].
2022 Water 101 Academy application cycle will open in the fall of 2021.
Spring 2021 program schedule
Participants MUST commit to attending each session to receive a certificate of completion and graduate on to become a water ambassador.
Sessions are scheduled for Wednesdays, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m., unless otherwise stated. Meetings will be on Zoom due to the anticipated continuation of COVID-19 shelter-in-place health guidelines. For your reference, you can find Spring 2020 session materials (agenda, presentations, videos) on the Spring 2020 Session Materials page.
- Session 1: Value of water: water challenges in California and Silicon Valley
Wednesday, March 3
- Session 2: Where does your water come from?
Wednesday, March 24
- Session 3: Watershed works in action
Wednesday, April 14
- Session 4: Water is life: securing our future
Wednesday, May 12
Session 5: Let’s get WET – water education training in the field
Wednesday, May 26
- Session 6: Academy graduation
Wednesday, June 9
- Participants must be a resident of Santa Clara County
- Participants must plan to attend all sessions
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
If you have any questions about the program or application or nomination process, email us at [email protected] or call us at 408-781-6972.