2021 Water 101 Academy Graduation Group Photo
Be a water champion!
Water 101 Academy— Spring 2022
The application for the 2022 Water 101 Academy will open September 29 - November 24, 2021! The Board of Directors is looking for 21 community leaders to be part of the 2022 cohort of the academy. If you are interested in learning more about the Water 101 Academy or have questions, please contact [email protected].
To apply click HERE
Spring 2022 program schedule
Participants MUST commit to attending all sessions to receive a completion certificate and graduate on to become a water ambassador.
Unless otherwise specified, the program sessions will be held in person on Wednesdays, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., at Valley Water headquarters (5750 Almaden Expressway, San Jose, CA). For your reference, you can find Spring 2021 session materials (agenda, presentations, videos) on the Spring 2021 Session Materials page.
- Session 1: Value of water: water challenges in California and Silicon Valley
TENT: Wednesday, March 9
- Session 2: Water finances: Budgets, rates & grants
TENT: Wednesday, March 23
- Session 3: Where does your water come from?
TENT: Wednesday, April 6
- Session 4: Watershed works in action
TENT: Wednesday, April 27
- Session 5: Water is life: securing our future
TENT: Wednesday, May 11
Session 6: Putting into action: Becoming a Water Ambassador
TENT: Wednesday, May 25
Session 7: Let’s get WET – Water education training in the field
TENT: Wednesday, June 8 (if virtual) or Saturday, June 11 (in in-person)
- Session 8: Academy graduation
TENT: Wednesday, June 22
- Participants must be a resident of Santa Clara County
- Participants must plan to attend all seven (7) sessions
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
- Participants must complete 80% of the program to receive the certificate of completion
- Participants must remain active Water Ambassadors for at least two (2) years after graduation
- Attend four (4) Water Ambassador team meetings per year
- Participate in one (1) or more water/environmental stewardship initiatives per year
- Complete annual program survey
If you have any questions about the program or application or nomination process, email us at [email protected] or call us at 408-781-6972.