At the Santa Clara Valley Water District, now known as Valley Water, we are working to protect our community’s drinking water, keep residents and businesses safe from flooding and natural disasters, repair and replace aging dams, reservoirs and pipelines, while reducing toxins, hazards and contaminants in our waterways.
What is the Safe Clean Water and Natural Flood Protection Program?
The Safe, Clean Water Program, approved in 2012 by 74% of Santa Clara County voters as a special parcel tax with a sunset date of 2028; identified five priorities developed in collaboration with thousands of residents and stakeholders:
- Ensuring a safe, reliable water supply.
- Reducing toxins, hazards, and contaminants in our waterways.
- Protecting our water supply from earthquakes and natural disasters.
- Restoring wildlife habitat and providing open space.
- Providing flood protection to homes, businesses, schools, and highways.
Now is the time
As our community contends with new challenges such as climate change, natural disasters, population growth, and uncertain imported water supplies, we are exploring the opportunity to potentially renew the existing program beyond 2028. We are gathering the community’s input to update and enhance the projects under each priority to better meet the future water needs of Santa Clara County.
We invite you to be part of this exciting process to provide Safe, Clean Water and Natural Flood Protection for all.
Join us for an upcoming virtual presentation “Water Works: Lunch and Learn Webinar Series. Come learn about how Valley Water provides Safe, Clean Water & Natural Flood Protection for all.” We will share what Valley Water is doing to provide safe, clean drinking water and natural flood protection, protect our waterways and environment, and maintain and upgrade our infrastructure to ensure we have enough water for the future.
- May 19, 2020 at Noon: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/103542173428
- June 5, 2020 at Noon: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/103566552346