Water 101 Academy Session 2 Group Photo
Be a water champion!
Water 101 Academy— Spring 2020
The application period for the 2019/20 Water 101 Academy cohort closed on November 8. The Board of Directors are currently reviewing and selecting candidates for the academy. Applicants will be notified of their status in early January 2020. If you are interested in learning more about the Water 101 Academy or would like to participate in a future academy, please contact [email protected].
Spring 2020 Program schedule
Participants MUST commit to attending each session and tour in order to graduate and receive a certificate.
Sessions will start in February 2020 and will be held at Valley Water Headquarters, 5700 Almaden Expwy, San José, CA 95118. Dinner for participants will be provided at all evening sessions.
- Session 1: Value of Water: water challenges in California and Silicon Valley
Wednesday, February 26 from 5:30 - 8 p.m.
- Session 2: Where does your water come from?
Wednesday, March 18 from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Session 3: Watershed works in action
Wednesday, April 8 from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Session 4: Water is life: securing our future
Wednesday, April 29 from 6 - 8 p.m.
Session 5: Let’s get WET – Water Education Training in the field
Date: TBD - Saturday (field tour) from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Session 6: Academy Graduation
Tuesday, May 26 (graduation) 5 - 7 p.m.
- Participants shall be a resident of Santa Clara County
- Participants must plan to attend all sessions
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
If you have any questions about the program or application or nomination process, email us at [email protected] or call us at 408-630-2333.