Water 101 Academy Session 2 Group Photo
Be a water champion!
Water 101 Academy— Spring 2020
The second annual Water 101 Academy is coming in spring 2020! Applications are now available from Sept. 23 through Oct. 25. The Water 101 Academy is a water ambassador program for members of the community in Santa Clara County who want to gain an understanding of local water issues and learn about existing opportunities and challenges in the water industry, as well as current or future water projects going on in their local communities.
The objective of this program is to educate, inspire, engage, and empower a diverse group of community members to be water champions on issues related to safe, clean water and promote environmental stewardship within their own respective neighborhoods and local communities.
Last winter, Valley Water received nearly 90 applications, and 21 community ambassadors were selected throughout the county to participate in the first cohort in spring 2019. Don’t miss your chance to join this leadership group!
Spring 2020 Program schedule
Participants MUST commit to attending each session and tour in order to graduate and receive a certificate.
Sessions will start in February 2020 and will be held at Valley Water Headquarters, 5700 Almaden Expwy, San José, CA 95118. Dinner for participants will be provided at all evening sessions.
- Session 1: Value of Water: water challenges in California and Silicon Valley
Wednesday, February 26 from 5:30 - 8 p.m.
- Session 2: Where does your water come from?
Wednesday, March 18 from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Session 3: Watershed works in action
Wednesday, April 8 from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Session 4: Water is life: securing our future
Wednesday, April 29 from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Session 5: Let’s get WET – Water Education Training in the field
Saturday, May 9 (field tour) from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Session 6: Academy Graduation
Tuesday, May 26 (graduation) 5 - 7 p.m.
- Participants shall be a resident of Santa Clara County
- Participants must plan to attend all sessions
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
If you have any questions about the program or application or nomination process, email us at [email protected] or call us at 408-630-2333.