2019 Water 101 Ambassadors Group Photo - Guadalupe River
Be a water champion!
Water 101 Academy— Spring 2021
The application for the 2020/21 Water 101 Academy cohort is now open! The Board of Directors is looking forward to reviewing the applications of candidates for the academy. If you are interested in learning more about the Water 101 Academy or would like to participate in the upcoming cycle, please contact [email protected].
Complete your application by December 4, 2020, by 5:00 p.m.
Spring 2021 program schedule
Participants MUST commit to attending each session in order to receive a certificate of completion and graduate on to become a water ambassador.
Sessions are scheduled for Wednesdays, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m., unless otherwise stated. Meetings will be on Zoom due to the anticipated continuation of COVID-19 shelter-in-place health guidelines. For your reference, you can find Spring 2020 session materials (agenda, presentations, videos) in the Spring 2020 Session Materials page.
- Session 1: Value of water: water challenges in California and Silicon Valley
Wednesday, March 3
- Session 2: Where does your water come from?
Wednesday, March 24
- Session 3: Watershed works in action
Wednesday, April 14
- Session 4: Water is life: securing our future
Wednesday, May 12
Session 5: Let’s get WET – water education training in the field
Wednesday, May 26
- Session 6: Academy graduation
- Participants must be a resident of Santa Clara County
- Participants must plan to attend all sessions
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
If you have any questions about the program or application or nomination process, email us at [email protected] or call us at 408-781-6972.