AS PART OF THIS WATER INFRASTRUCTURE BUS TOUR:
- Attendees will first depart Valley Water headquarters in South San José and stop by Anderson Reservoir to learn how Valley Water stores imported and locally captured water. Attendees will also learn more about our plans to address aging infrastructure to ensure we continue to provide reliable, safe, and clean drinking water for Santa Clara County residents and customers.
- After learning how the Anderson Dam Seismic Retrofit Project will improve the reservoir's reliability and safety and return it to its original storage capacity, attendees will also learn about the Pacheco Reservoir Expansion Project's goal to provide a sustainable long-term supply of safe, clean drinking water through a virtual tour.
- Attendees will then stop by the Penitencia Water Treatment Plant to learn how Valley Water treats raw water and turns it into safe, clean drinking water.
- Attendees will also tour the Silicon Valley Advanced Water Purification Center to learn how we renew and refresh water through advanced water purification to create a drought-resilient and sustainable water supply.
- Please note that this is a condensed version of the full purification center tour.
- Visit https://www.purewater4u.org to sign up for the full tour or schedule a private group tour of the purification center.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn about the Safe, Clean Water and Natural Flood Protection Program and how we work with community partners to enhance our mission to ensure safe, clean drinking water to Santa Clara County Residents.