As part of our public safety response to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Santa Clara Valley Water District (Valley Water) is asking staff to telework. Valley Water’s priority is to maintain the health and safety of our workforce and community.
Immediately in effect for Water Conservation Programs, we are still able to serve you remotely. You can directly contact staff:
- working on your rebate projects, to request water-saving equipment, or to inquire how you can save water in your home and landscaping by emailing [email protected] or calling (408) 630-2554;
- getting a Water Wise Outdoor Survey on your calendar for after the Shelter in Place order ends by filling out this form, emailing [email protected], or calling (408) 630-2000; or
- reporting water waste through Access Valley Water, emailing [email protected], calling (408) 630-2000, or contacting your water retailer directly.
If you reach our voicemail, please leave a detailed message including your name, phone number, address and any additional information, such as your rebate number, that can best help us assist you. We encourage electronic submittals of rebate applications, survey requests, or reporting water waste. No home visits will occur while the Shelter in Place order is active.
Please allow extra time for processing your requests. Additional water-saving resources can be found at www.SouthBayGreenGardens.org or through our Water Saving Video series. Thank you for your patience and for remembering that we are all in this together.
Chances are, you are using more water in your home or business than you should be. The water district offers free water conservation devices that can help you save water.
- Bathroom aerators *
- Kitchen aerators *
- Shower timers
* To receive these items, the first step is completing a free DIY Water Wise Indoor Survey.
For more information, call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554.
Download one of our flyers below:
- Water Conservation Programs Flyer
- Graywater Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
- Rainwater Catchment Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
Need more tips or a virtual home tour?
Save Our Water Savings Virtual Home Tour: Water Savings Virtual Tour
- Check out the California Urban Water Conservation Council's Video Library
Contains a collection of water conservation 'How-To' videos from doing your own landscape or indoor water audits to installing permeable hardscapes, and more!
- Visit "Sprinklers 101" for a wealth of Irrigation Info
This web portal, created by the California Association of Water Agencies as part of their Save Our Water campaign, is a one-stop shop for homeowners and professionals looking for information and online resources on water-efficient irrigation. Homeowners will find easy-to-understand information about how residential sprinkler systems work, information on drip irrigation and other smart ways to reduce landscape water use, as well as loads of online resources.
- EPA WaterSense
WaterSense offers a wide variety of information, from a list of WaterSense-labeled products to a list of simple steps to save water each day.
QUESTIONS? Call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or email us at [email protected].