The water district is offering to collect water quality samples from Santa Clara County residences served by domestic wells. This information helps us protect groundwater and helps domestic well users better protect their health. Testing includes nitrate, bacteria, hardness, total dissolved solids, fluoride, and sulfate.
Is my well eligible for testing?
- Call our Groundwater Hotline at (408) 630-2300 to find out if you are eligible.
- Testing is available only for domestic wells located within district groundwater charge zone W-2 or W-5.
- The well water must be connected to the residence for domestic uses.
- For shared wells, one sample will be collected at the property where the well is located. Results will be shared with other well users upon their request.
How does the testing program work?
- We will collect a sample of your untreated well water. Please make sure an outdoor hose bib near your well is accessible. The appointment should take less than 30 minutes.
- Participants must sign a right of entry agreement. We cannot collect a sample without a signed form.
- You will get the laboratory results within about three weeks. We will also provide information on additional actions you may want to take based on your results. If your well has high nitrate, you may be eligible for a rebate of up to $500 for a nitrate treatment system.
What if I’m not eligible for water district testing or want to test my water myself?
- The water district encourages well owners to test their water annually by a certified laboratory. You should also have the water tested if you notice a change in the water’s taste, odor, or appearance.
Para obtener información en español acerca de pruebas gratuitas del agua de su pozo llame a Victoria Garcia al (408) 630-3136.