Valley Water’s mission is to provide Silicon Valley safe, clean water for a healthy life, environment, and economy.
Valley Water is nationally recognized as a leading water resources management agency.
Values Statement (Board Governance Policy - Governance Process GP-7)
- Valley Water is entrusted to serve the public by carrying out its mission for the benefit of the community.
- Valley Water is committed to providing excellent service to all customers.
- All individuals are unique and important, and will be treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- Valley Water takes pride in its work and is accountable to carry out its responsibilities safely with honesty and integrity.
- Initiative, leadership, personal development, and training are vital for continuous improvement.
- Open communication, cooperation, and teamwork are shared responsibilities and essential to the successful performance of Valley Water.
- Valley Water is committed to creating an inclusive work environment, which reflects and supports the diversity of the community and enriches our perspectives.
- Valley Water strives to support a work culture and workplace environment that attracts and retains superior employees empowered to make decisions about, and take responsibility for, how they do their jobs.
- Valley Water is committed to its employees and supports market-based competitive compensation that is equitable and rewards accomplishment and encourages high performance.
- Valley Water is committed to sustaining a healthy work-life balance for its employees and places a high value on all the things that provide enrichment and fulfillment, including work and career, health and fitness, family and relationships, spirituality, community service, hobbies and passions, intellectual stimulation, rest and recreation.