As part of our public safety response to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Santa Clara Valley Water District (Valley Water) is asking staff to telework. Valley Water’s priority is to maintain the health and safety of our workforce and community.
Immediately in effect for Water Conservation Programs, we are still able to serve you remotely. You can directly contact staff:
- working on your rebate projects, to request water-saving equipment, or to inquire how you can save water in your home and landscaping by emailing [email protected] or calling (408) 630-2554; or
- getting a Water Wise Outdoor Survey on your calendar for after the Shelter in Place order ends by filling out this form, emailing [email protected], or calling (408) 630-2000.
If you reach our voicemail, please leave a detailed message including your name, phone number, address and any additional information, such as your rebate number, that can best help us assist you. We encourage electronic submittals of rebate applications, survey requests, or reporting water waste. No home visits will occur while the Shelter in Place order is active.
Please allow extra time for processing your requests. Additional water-saving resources can be found at www.SouthBayGreenGardens.org or through our Water Saving Video series. Thank you for your patience and for remembering that we are all in this together.
Let's all make Water Conservation a Way of Life
- Water Wise Survey Program includes free Water Wise Outdoor Surveys and Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Water Wise Indoor Surveys.
- Learn how to upgrade or replace your water-using fixtures with the help of EPA WaterSense, including:
- Upgrade or Maintain your landscaping sustainably.
- Find Your Water Retailer
- Understanding Your Water Bill
- Information about Toilets
- Information about Clothes Washers
- Water Conservation Tips
- Literature and Gear
- Water Saver Home - Check out this site for more water-saving tips and a home water use calculator. For your full water footprint (includes easy questions about indoor, outdoor, and virtual water use like water-use from the products you choose), check out this water calculator. To learn how much inefficiency may be costing you, this water leak cost calculator will help.
- WaterSense and EnergyStar provide additional resources and tools to help individuals and businesses save water, energy, and money.
- Lawn Busters! Our City Forest and the Santa Clara Valley Water District want to help qualified Santa Clara County property owners convert their lawns into drought-tolerant dreamscapes. The Lawn Busters program provides subsidized on-site assessments and landscape design, planting and irrigation installation, with quality assurance follow-up. Qualifying homeowners are seniors over 60, low-income residents, residents with disabilities, or veterans. Email [email protected] for additional information or to apply.
QUESTIONS? Call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or email us at [email protected].