Valley Water offers free-filled sandbags for residents of Santa Clara County. The sandbag sites listed below are managed by Valley Water. Sandbag sites and sandbags are only available from November 1 through April 15 of each year.* Sandbags are not available before or after these dates.
*Subject to change depending on the weather.
- Alviso: 5030 N 1st St., behind George Mayne Elementary School, entrance on Wilson Way behind the school
- Morgan Hill: El Toro Fire Station, 18300 Old Monterey Rd.
- Palo Alto: Palo Alto Air Terminal, 1925 Embarcadero Rd.
- San Jose: City Central Service Yard, 1661 Senter Road at Phelan Ave.
- San Jose: Santa Clara Valley Water District Winfield Warehouse, Winfield Boulevard between Blossom Hill Road and Coleman Avenue
There are additional sandbag sites managed by various cities within Santa Clara County. These sites are stocked with either filled sandbags or sand and empty bags for self-filling and require you to bring your own shovel. Please bring assistance for loading heavy bags, if necessary.
Be aware, some sites may require proof of residency.
During storm events, all of the sites may only be stocked with sand and empty bags. While shovels are provided at these sites, you may want to bring one with you just in case. Supplies may be limited.
|Sandbag Guidelines for Homeowners (English/Spanish)||4.05 MB|
|Sandbag Guidelines for Homeowners (English/Vietnamese)||4.02 MB|