Valley Water offers free filled sandbags for residents of Santa Clara County. The sandbag sites listed below are managed by Valley Water and are open from late November through April each flood season.
- Alviso: 5030 N 1st St., located behind George Mayne Elementary School, entrance on Wilson Way behind school
- Palo Alto: 1925 Embarcadero Road, adjacent to Palo Alto Air Terminal
- San Jose: City Central Service Yard, 1661 Senter Road at Phelan Ave., San Jose, CA 95122
- San Jose: Santa Clara Valley Water District Winfield Warehouse, Winfield Boulevard between Blossom Hill Road and Coleman Avenue, San Jose, CA 95123
- Morgan Hill: El Toro Fire Station, 18300 Old Monterey Road
There are additional sandbag sites managed by various cities within Santa Clara County. These sites are stocked with either filled sandbags or sand and empty bags for self-filling and require you to bring your own shovel. Please bring assistance for loading heavy bags, if necessary.
Be aware, some sites may require proof of residency.
During storm events, all of the sites may only be stocked with sand and empty bags. While shovels are provided at these sites, you may want to bring one with you just in case. Supplies may be limited.
|Sandbag Guidelines for Homeowners (English/Spanish)||4.05 MB|
|Sandbag Guidelines for Homeowners (English/Vietnamese)||4.02 MB|