How do you schedule a large landscape survey?
Click here to request a large landscape survey or use the contact information at the bottom of this page. Surveys are available Monday through Friday for qualifying properties. Please see below for eligibility information before submitting your request.
Who is eligible to participate?
A minimum of ½ acre of irrigated landscape and/or 1,000 CCF of annual irrigation water usage on all multi-family complexes, commercial, industrial and institutional (schools, parks, etc.) sites in Santa Clara County may be eligible for a complimentary large landscape survey.
- Upon tentative approval, the property's authorized representative will be required to agree to the program's participation agreement through an online portal maintained by the District's contractor, Waterfluence.
- The property's authorized representative may be asked to input 1-3 years of water-use data for the property in order to qualify for the large landscape survey. District staff and Waterfluence will work with a property's water retailer in order to obtain water usage records for the previous several years whenever possible. The water-use data is important to help the property track its water-use against a site-specific irrigation budget that may be created as part of the large landscape survey.
Residential properties with ½ acre of irrigated landscape or less, should click here to learn about the Water Wise Survey Program. All other properties can find resources to independently improve their landscape's water-use efficiency here.
What are the components of a large landscape survey?
- System Check
A professional irrigation surveyor will evaluate the water delivery system and point out inefficiencies that can add up to significant water losses. For example to help the site manager understand the irrigation system's performance, potential irrigation efficiency improvements may be identified, irrigation pressure checks or catch can tests may be conducted, and the site's irrigation controller's schedule may be evaluated to help identify more efficient irrigation scheduling strategies.
- Site Specific Recommendations and Irrigation Budget
Surveyors provide recommendations for improving system efficiency such as upgrading irrigation hardware and/or providing the site with a calculated irrigation budget based on climate, irrigation system components, and vegetation.
- Large Landscape Field Survey Report
The site’s property manager/owner will receive a large landscape field survey report that evaluates the existing irrigation system and landscape water management. Report topics may include a summary of maintenance items, irrigation efficiency improvement recommendations, and a calculated property-specific irrigation budget.
- Qualifying for the Landscape Rebate Program
Although not a pre-requisite for the Landscape Rebate Program, sites that complete a large landscape field survey may be eligible to apply for rebates through the Landscape Rebate Program. Sites can also prequalify for the Landscape Rebate Program without a landscape survey by contacting the Water Conservation Hotline for more information: (408) 630-2554. The Landscape Rebate Program provides rebates for replacing qualifying high water using landscape with qualifying low water using plants and for upgrading to high efficiency irrigation equipment including:
- Drip Irrigation
- High Efficiency Nozzles
- Rotary Sprinklers with Pressure Regulation and/or Check Valves
- Weather Based Irrigation Controllers
- Rain Sensors
- Dedicated Landscape Meters, Flow Sensors and Hydrometers
- Drip Irrigation
How long is the program offered?
Landscape field surveys are available until funds are depleted.
QUESTIONS? Call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or email us at [email protected].