At workshops and events hosted by Valley Water and our partners, both professional landscapers and residential customers can find resources for designing and developing sustainable landscapes and gardens. You'll find resources for:
- Comprehensive sustainable landscaping resources and events from South Bay Green Gardens
- Garden viewing events
- Our annual Landscape Summit for professional landscapers
South Bay Green Gardens
Valley Water is proud to be part of the South Bay Green Gardens team.
The South Bay Green Gardens website provides one-stop-shop for sustainable landscaping. You can find a variety of Events, Garden Galleries, Landscape Design Ideas, Compost and Mulching Tips, and much more.
Garden Viewing Events
Going Native Garden Tour
Each spring, the Going Native Garden Tour showcases California native plants.
Mountain View Green Garden Showcase Program
The Mountain View Green Garden Showcase Program highlights environmentally-friendly gardens inside Mountain View to be used as examples and inspiration for the community.
The Landscape Summit is an annual event developed through the Santa Clara Valley Water District's Landscape Committee.
It is a forum for professional landscapers to learn about water issues in the county and California as a whole, and how water relates to the landscaping industry. It's also an opportunity for the Water District to get valuable feedback from landscape professionals, and for attendees to collaborate and exchange ideas.
2021 Landscape Summit
View videos and presentation materials from the 2021 event:
- Welcome from Valley Water Board Director Richard Santos (0:00)
- State of the Valley's Water by Kirsten Struve (1:22)
- Our City Forest - Community Nursery and Lawn Busters Program by Gabby Fitts (11:49)
- Water Conservation Programs by Ashley Shannon (48:38)
- Smart Yards Education - Building Community through Hands-on Permaculture Education by Liliana Castañeda Rossmann & Elizabeth Sarmiento (1:10:50)
- Save Our Water and Our Trees by Gabrielle Trudeau (1:43:05)
- Presentation Videos
2020 Landscape Summit
View videos and presentation materials from the 2020 event:
- Welcome, Dedication, and Water Supply Update
- Climate Reality - Regeneration of the Landscape: Presentation not available for distribution upon request of the presenters, however the following plan details and resources have been provided by Studio Petrichor as a supplement to the recorded Climate Reality - Regeneration of the Landscape presentation by Shawn Maestretti and Leigh Adams.
- Calfire Guideline Specifications for Selecting, Planting, and Early Care of Young Trees
- Tree Crown Observation and Correction Detail (PDF) (for a DWG file, contact [email protected])
- Tree Rootball Inspection and Circling Root Correction
- Climate Positive Design by Kate Lenahan.
- Presentation Videos
2019 Landscape Summit
2018 Landscape Summit
View videos and presentation materials from the 2018 event: