Interested in a $200 or $400 graywater rebate, OR having a contractor install one for low out-of-pocket cost? Valley Water can help you in your pursuit to properly connect a clothes washer to a Graywater Laundry-to-Landscape System*.
If you can answer YES (or Possibly!) to the following questions, then this type of graywater system may work for your home:
- The clothes washer is accessible, near an exterior wall or above a crawl space;
- The landscape's first graywater outlet is around 50-feet or less from the clothes washer (if your landscape is downhill from the clothes washer, graywater can go further as there is no specific rule on distance--however, it is best to consult with a professional to determine how best to design your project);
- The landscape is the same elevation or downhill from the clothes washer;
- The plants you want to prioritize with graywater irrigation are decorative trees, fruit trees, shrubs, groups of smaller plants or establishing drought-tolerant plants; and
- The graywater system can be at least 1.5-feet from the property line and at least 2-feet from the building foundations.
Watch this short video to see a completed, successful graywater rebate project.
*"Laundry to Landscape" is a type of clothes washer graywater system that sends laundry graywater directly to your landscape without filters, tanks, or pumps. It's a cost-effective, sustainable option to upgrade how you irrigate your landscape.
Apply before proceeding on any project as rebates are not provided retroactively: Funding is limited and provided on a first come, first served basis.
|Total Rebate||Participating Areas|
|$200||For qualifying residents|
For qualifying residents in:
For information about current increased rebate amounts in cost-sharing areas, please contact the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or [email protected]. Funds are first come, first served, while funding is available.
New Program for a Limited Time Only: Act Now!!
For a limited time in 2019, Valley Water is offering Graywater Direct Installation services for qualified applicants.
Receive a free or low-cost graywater system, made possible through a partnership with Ecology Action. Limited to the first 100 residents that qualify! This program is an alternative to the rebate program: you may not apply for both. However, if you do not qualify for this limited-time program the rebate may still be for you!
For additional assistance, see if a graywater workshop is scheduled near you soon! The District's Water Efficient Technology (WET) Rebate Program is an option to promote graywater systems for commercial, industrial, and institutional properties.
Thank you for your interest in graywater!
QUESTIONS? Call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or email us at [email protected]. We'll happily send you a fillable PDF of the rebate's application or mail you a hard copy.