Valley Water’s water waste inspectors respond to reports of water waste and violations of local water use restrictions. To report water waste, you may select any of these convenient options:
- Call (408) 630-2000
- Email [email protected]
- Download our Access Valley Water app
- Go to Access Valley Water
Please include photos, cross-streets, and landmarks with water waste reports whenever possible.
What happens when you submit a water waste case?
When the water district receives a report of water waste, one of our Water Waste Inspectors is dispatched to the address. While the District’s team is not empowered to issue fines, they do provide education and resources to help residents reduce water use and eliminate water waste.
- Our water waste inspectors respond to reports of broken sprinklers, excessive watering, watering during restricted times or other water waste issues. They try to meet with the homeowner, resident or business owner to identify the problem and recommend ways to resolve it. In most cases, learning they have a broken sprinkler or are inadvertently wasting water by watering during restricted times, the resident or business owner understands and takes care of the issue.
- If no one is home, the inspector leaves an informative door hanger
Second Visit: If the inspectors receive a subsequent water waste report at the same location, they will again visit the site and encourage the responsible party to take care of the problem.
- On the third report of the same water wasting issue, the district may refer the case to the local water provider responsible for that address.
- How the water company responds varies with the jurisdiction. There may be more educational attempts, or they may have a citation or fine system in place.
- Check with your local water provider to learn more about their restrictions and water conservation mandates.